Cold and cough are common problems that trouble us often during the winter season. These problems can be due to viral infection, infection, allergy, cold etc. Therefore, we should adopt suitable Cold And Cough Home Remedies to protect our body.
Cold and cough is a common illness that affects your respiratory system. It usually occurs during weather like winter, when your body is under the influence of cold and stuffiness. Its main symptoms may include headache, nasal congestion, thick nasal discharge, cough and sore throat.
Common colds are often caused by viral infections, which can be caused by viruses such as influenza or respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). This disease can also be caused by bacterial infections, such as sinusitis and bronchitis.
The most important thing in the treatment of cold and cough is rest and drinking enough water. You can gargle with warm water or warm salt water as a home remedy, which helps in reducing nasal congestion and sore throat. Other treatments may include sleeping pills, cough suppressants, nasal decongestants, and over-the-counter medications if you have a cold.
If your cold and cough persists for a long time, more severe symptoms appear or you have a high fever, you should consult a doctor .
What are the symptoms of cold cough
Cold and cough are common types of infectious respiratory tract diseases that usually last for a few days without treatment. It can manifest in a variety of forms ranging from mild to severe, including cold, cough, runny nose, nasal irritation, sore throat, headache, fatigue and body aches.
Common symptoms can be:
. dry and hoarse cough
. watery nose or sneezing
. cough intermittently for hours
. chest tension and pain
. sore throat or pain
. stuffy or runny nose
. rise in temperature
. Dryness or sore throat
. feeling tired or weak
. headache or body aches
What are the causes of cold and cough
Cold and cough can be caused by many different reasons. They are usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection, but can have other causes as well. Here are some major reasons:
1. Virus Infection: Viruses can be the major causes of cold and cough. For example, influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), coronavirus, rhinovirus, etc. can cause cold and cough.
2. Bacterial Infection: Bacterial infection can also be the cause of cold and cough. For example, a bacterial infection such as strep throat can cause a cough.
3. Allergies: Many people get colds and coughs easily when they are allergic to something specific, such as dust, smoke, dust mites, flower blossoms, or pet dander pollution.
4. Sunlight or cold: Excessive exposure to sunlight or cold can also cause cold and cough.
5. Dust, pollution and smoke: Dust, pollution or smoke present in the environment can also cause cold and cough.
6. Other causes: Other causes of cold and cough may be involved, such as cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption, atmospheric pollution, changes in the lines in the back of the throat, medication, poor digestion, or a weakened immune system.
7 home remedies to control cold and cough
Cold and cough is a common problem, which bothers you especially in the winter season. When these problems occur, your body feels cold and you have cough, cold, nasal congestion. Apart from this, this problem can also affect your daily routine, sleep and general life.
If you are in a situation where you want to avoid medicines or if you do not have immediate medical access for treatment, there are some effective and safe Cold And Cough Home Remedies for you. These home remedies can help you get relief and control your disease.
1. Warm water and salt gargle: Gargling with warm water mixed with a little salt is an effective remedy for cold and cough. It helps in removing phlegm from your throat and gives you relief.
2. Consumption of honey and garlic: Mixing one spoon of honey with crushed garlic and eating it provides relief in cold and cough. It helps in strengthening your physical immunity.
3. Ginger and honey juice: Grind a small piece of ginger and extract its juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. Taking this mixture daily provides relief in cold and cough. The antioxidants present in ginger strengthen your immune system and help control cough.
4. Nutmeg and milk: Mix a little nutmeg in a glass of warm milk and drink it. The antibacterial properties of nutmeg will help in reducing your cold and cough and the milk will keep you warm.
5. Lemon water: Mixing lemon juice and honey in warm water and drinking it will benefit you from cold and cough. Lemon is a good source of Vitamin C and strengthens your immune system.
6. Celery smoke: Roast celery on a pan and smoke it. This will help in making your breath healthy and reduce the cough.
7. Keep warm with home remedies. Staying warm during winter is important for your health. You should stay in a warm place, wear nice clothes and drink hot beverages.
Cold cough what things should be avoided
At the time of cold and cough, avoiding the following can help improve your health:
1. Avoid cold substances: Avoid exposure to cold or staying in places with high temperature. You should stay away from cold air, cold water or cold beverages.
2. Consume warm foods: Consuming warm foods can help soothe your throat. Drinking warm water mixed with lemon and honey, hot broth, jalebi etc. can reduce your cough.
3. Take high rest: You will need enough rest for your body. Take maximum rest, get enough sleep at night and avoid physical stress.
4. Warm up: Exercising at a moderate pace can warm up your body and help improve your breathing. Yoga and pranayama can also increase your breathing capacity.
5. Maintain hydration: Drinking enough water will help keep your body hydrated and help your throat make valuable secretions. Drinking warm water, herbal teas and broths may also be beneficial.
6. Do steam inhalation: Put some developed salt in a pot of hot water and inhale by pushing. This can reduce the soreness of your nose and throat.
7. Stay away from things: You should avoid smoking, dust and fumes, as they can make your breathing worse.
8. Consult a doctor: If your cold and cough is increasing over a long period of time or is severe, then you must consult a doctor. They will properly determine your problem and suggest appropriate treatment.
Apart from these home remedies, you should eat nutritious food to keep yourself warm, take adequate rest, maintain good hygiene and exercise regularly to avoid cold and cough.
You must consult a doctor if your cold and cough persists for a longer period of time or is more severe. The doctor will provide you with the correct diagnosis and treatment. If your cold and cough is very severe or increasing since days, I would recommend you to consult a professional doctor.
Note that these home remedies are for common ailments and should not be tried without professional guidance. First consult your doctor or consult your local Ayurvedic Vaidya, then choose the best remedy for you.