'Like' us to get warnings, safety updates and news from CFA. This page is not monitored 24/7. In an emergency phone '000'.
CFA administers this Facebook page to provide important community safety information, warnings and general CFA news in a timely manner. CFA will use this page to share official information during emergencies.
Please note this site is for information only. For emergencies call Triple Zero (000).
Never rely on one source for emergency information. For emergency warnings visit www.emergency.vic.gov.au
Emergency information and advice is also available via phone on the Victorian Bushfire Information Line 1800 240 667.
Opinions posted by users of this page do not reflect those of CFA or the Victorian Government.
- Frequently Asked Questions -
Is this account monitored 24/7?
Not on a regular basis. The account may be monitored for longer periods during major emergencies.
Why can’t we answer every question?
We will try our best to answer as many of your questions as possible but this will not always be possible, especially during busy times. During major emergencies our focus will be on providing critical emergency information.
Can I share information from this page?
Yes. As long as you attribute the source.
Why has my comment been deleted?
CFA has outlined its Moderation Policy below for using this page. If users post comments found to be breaching these conditions we may hide or delete their comment.
- Moderation Policy –
CFA reserves the right to delete any posted content that we deem to be offensive, insulting, inappropriate or irrelevant to the purpose of this page.
Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to;
- material that is obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise illegal
- remarks that racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability
- personal attacks, abuse and threats to cause physical or mental harm
- content which you know (or is reasonably expected to know) is false, misleading or deceptive
- content that could be defamatory to any person
- any content not related to CFA or it's areas of responsibility
- posts or links to pages that contain the aforementioned material
Repeated breaches of this Moderation Policy may result in you being banned from the page.
8 Lakeside Drive
3151 Burwood East
Call: +613 9262 8444 (For Emergencies Dial '000')