SHARE THIS:
Link: http://www.bishopfoxs.co.uk/

Bishop Fox's Community School, Taunton, United Kingdom

Bishop Fox's School is a secondary school in Taunton, Somerset, England. As of January 2012, the school has 857 students between the ages of 11 and 16.The school traces its history back to 1522, as the Tudor Grammar School endowed by Richard Foxe (1448 - 1528), the Bishop of Winchester. The school was housed in what is now referred to as the Old Municipal Building in Taunton. In 1922, it came under the control of Somerset County Council. The school was located on Kingston Road until 1994. This building was demolished and a new housing estate erected. The Kingston Road site is the only former Bishop Fox's School building that is no longer standing. In September 2003, the school was awarded Specialist Status as a Business and Enterprise College. In July 2011, it became an Academy.In 1994, it moved into new purpose built accommodation on a 30acre site. The new building was opened by John Major who was Prime Minister of the United Kingdom at the time. Students at the previous site on Kingston Road were invited to plant trees as part of the transition between sites. A stream runs through the site which is home to water voles.The school has been awarded the Gold Artsmark Award three times. It was judged "Good" by Ofsted in 2010 and again in 2013.The school has a floodlit astroturf pitch that was completed in Summer 2014. Bishop Fox Dr TA1 3HQ Taunton United Kingdom Call: (01823) 289211
read more..

Bishop Fox's Community School, Taunton, United Kingdom

Website Info

Category: School
Found: 31.07.2015

Rate!!

Please write a comment:

User ratings